Mobile phones are for more than calling and texting as our Digital Learning for Business Report demonstrates. Here are 12 apps to improve your efficiency and effectiveness as a new or experienced project manager. *
- Project Planning Pro – Project, Task & Resource Management
Designed for professional project managers, this nice little app allows you to create plans from scratch and to add and link tasks. With calendar view, critical path view and task filtering features, this is well worth casting your eye over.
- PRINCE2® Snakes and Ladders Free Until 30 April
At a time of growing gamification in the workplace, no app list would be complete without our PRINCE2 Foundation game app. Optimised for iPad and iPhone, it enables you to test your knowledge against your device or other people and post your high scores to Twitter and Facebook. You can even make an in-app purchase of an additional question pack. Catch it in action here, before getting it here for free until the end of April 2013. If you are taking project management to the next level and learning MSP® then our MSP Snakes and Ladders game can assist. For those studying ITIL® we recommend our e-learning game to help embed the methodology.
On the road, in the office, at home, day or night, this gives you access to your projects on your Android when it suits you. Stay in touch with the latest activity on your projects, assign tasks to users, check milestones and do all that you need to do to manage projects, teams and customers. Free.
- SG Project Suites
Version 4.2 of this app builds on the original design features. Create multiple projects and switch between them, have start and end dates, rearrange task rows, and a whole lot more. An in-app purchase of SG Sync lets you share project data across all your devices and with others. Paid.
- Evernote for Apple and Evernote for Android
This is a great tool for remembering everything and therefore a must if you are the kind of person that forgets. Sync all your notes across all your devices, make to-do lists, record voice reminders and much more. Both versions were in the New York Times Top 10 Must-Have App list in 2010. Free.
Style and substance are captured here in this presentation app. Add photos and videos, organise data or create animations; the options are almost endless. Go for full-screen view to present on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, or use video mirroring to present on an HDTV. Paid.
- Bloomberg for iPad
Access all the news, stock quotes, prices and information and personalise it for your needs courtesy of one of the most trusted and reputable sources of financial information, all from your mobile device. Free.
- Bloomberg Anywhere for Android
Get real-time access to the Bloomberg Professional service. Features include MSG, IB, News and Real-time quotes. Free
All manner of features are available to keep projects organised: the ability to store and share documents, to do simple time tracking and to have a flexible structure for grouping projects and tasks. To use this application you must have an existing LiquidPlanner account.
- MPM- Mobile Project Manager
Manage your project plans on your Android. This useful app allows you to create projects that you can import using XML or Excel into MS Project or OpenProj. All the usual features are available from nesting tasks to linking to contacts to resource management. Paid.
- ActionComplet GTD Toolkit
Billed as streamlined, flexible and sophisticated, there are certainly a lot of features packed into this app. Based on the Getting Things Done book by David Allen, it aims to manage four types of tasks: actions, waits, projects and ideas. Actions, for instance, refers to tasks that can be completed immediately, while projects describes anything that cannot be done in one single step. Paid.
- Google Voice
Perfect for the manic and got-to-be-everywhere business person for with this you can dial a number and it will ring to multiple places or devices and access all voicemail and texts from the web. To top things off, it lets you make international calls showing your Google number. At the time of writing, it is only available in the USA.
- Go for gold with our PRINCE2 Practitioner Gold Pack. This blended learning solution for reaching Practitioner level combines digital learning with a 2-day instructor-led workshop.
- Visit our Downloads page with its forms, discussions and case studies for current and potential project managers.
- Our Digital Learning for Business is a must-read for a complete picture of the future of learning.
- The APMG has a great range of useful information about PRINCE2 accredited training options.
- ILX Connect is ideal for companies to implement PRINCE2 training effectively.
- ILX Consulting provides everything from maturity assessments and organisational health-checks, through ITIL, MSP and PRINCE2 implementation, to programme and project performance management. It has a proven record of delivering tangible improvements in capability, productivity and customer satisfaction to a businesses and organisations.
- PRINCE2®, MSP® and ITIL ® are registered trade marks of the Cabinet Office.
* ILX Group does not endorse any of the above products. Prices correct at time of posting.
– See more at: https://www.prince2.com/blog/12-must-have-apps-business#sthash.8jxeUQpb.dpuf