All you wanted to know about APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners in 60 seconds – ish!
If you’ve heard about the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners but are still vague about it and don’t have time to plough through pages of information, check out our quick and easy guide to see what you’ve been missing.
- What is APMP? A nationally and internationally recognised knowledge-based project management qualification from the Association of Project Management that complements the PRINCE2 Practitioner methodology from the Cabinet Office.
- What is APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners? A qualification that helps PRINCE2 Practitioners gain the complementary knowledge contained in APMP that will improve their project management performance.
- What’s the main difference between the two qualifications? PRINCE2 tell you what needs to be done, when it must be done and what to do tailor it to your particular project. APMP tells you how to do everything and gives you the requisite soft skills.
- What are soft skills? Amongst other things, they help you influence, communicate, manage, delegate and motivate all the people involved in the project. Companies now recognise them as characteristics possessed by the best of the best project managers.
- Who is APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners for? Anyone with PRINCE2 Practitioner and preferably with two years of experiences. Perfect for project managers, project office personnel, project team members and newly appointed project officers.
- How will it help me as an individual? It’ll give you the complete package: you’ll get general project management knowledge as well as method and governance to deliver the successful projects that companies want. As a result, it improves job security and career opportunities. Look out for “APMP qualified” in job ads.
- Why should organisations encourage employees to study it? Companies can be sure that their well-rounded project professionals can lead and handle any project thrown at them because they the knowledge as well as the tools to improve project success.
- What does studying for the qualification involve? The APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus covers only those areas in the APMP syllabus that you haven’t already studied in PRINCE2 so that you don’t waste time duplicating knowledge or skills.
- What topics does the exam cover? Areas covered include: context of project management, planning and strategy, executing the strategy, techniques, business and commercial, organisation and governance and people and profession.
- What does the exam consist of? You will sit a two-hour paper in which you must answer six out of ten questions on 25 topics. Each question is worth 50 marks and the pass mark is 55%.
- Let David Atkinson, Fellow of the APM and APMP trainer take you through the course options so that you have a planned approach to your learning and to improving your project management success rate and career.
- Visit our dedicated APM website for full information about all courses.
- Try our free APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners e-learning game.
- Take advantage of loads of free resources at the APM Training Download Centre.
- For full details about the Association of Project Management follow this link.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 01270 611 600