PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation Virtual
Getting a solid understanding of the basics of project management with PRINCE2 Foundation has never been easier. If you want the interactivity and one-to-one tutoring of a classroom environment, but you still want the flexibility of studying from home, then our virtual courses are just the thing!
- About This Course
- What's included?
- Course Videos
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method and one of the world’s most widely used method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way.
Our fully accredited PRINCE2 Foundation virtual course introduces you to PRINCE2, and helps prepare you for the Foundation examination which assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method. This course fully conforms to the PRINCE2 2017 syllabus.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Foundation virtual course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
What is VILT?
Virtual instructor-led training (VILT) incorporates both the personal teaching experience of a classroom, with the ease and flexibility of a virtual environment. Our VILT courses are interactive and engaging, allowing participants to communicate with both the instructor and each other in a collaborative manner.
This is an intensive three-day course that prepares you for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website.
This is an intensive course that requires you to complete mandatory online pre-course study, which is designed to take approximately six to eight hours to complete. Full instructions with a link to the online pre-course will be issued within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
Review the technical requirements for the online pre-course learning here.
You will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
This course follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
The format of the exam is as follows:
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
This is an intensive three day virtual course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- The cost of the PRINCE2 Foundation examination* (must be taken online via remote proctor within 12 months of purchase)
- PRINCE2 process map
- Online pre-course
The Foundation exam is taken online via remote proctor. Two weeks prior to course commencement ILX will arrange for an exam voucher to be issued. You then have a choice you can either:
Book a suitable time after your virtual classroom event has finished to undertake your exam
We currently allocate exam time within the virtual classroom event. So that you can book directly, we will advise you of recommended exam timings as part of the candidate guidance — this is issued three weeks prior to course commencement
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam.
About The Qualification
The purpose of the Foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment that supports the PRINCE2 methodology.
The purpose of the Practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in scenario situations. The candidate must have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam prior to taking the Practitioner examination.Read More