PRINCE2 Practitioner Syllabus
The Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2 examinations you are required to pass to become a Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner.
This PRINCE2 examination is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario, specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Show they understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products and can apply this understanding
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2, and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role
- Project Management Consultants.
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- 150 minute exam duration
- 68 questions
- 38/68 required to pass = 55% pass mark
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
You can read more about the Practitioner examination here.
If you have already passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam you can progress to PRINCE2 Practitioner via our:
Should you wish to undertake both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner you can choose from one of three pathways: