PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation & Practitioner Classroom
Become a PRINCE2 Practitioner in only five days! Find out what makes up the PRINCE2 methodology, and how to apply it to your projects, in a classroom environment where you can learn from both the trainer and each other.
- About This Course
- What's included?
- Success Stories
- Course Videos
ILX Group’s accredited PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner classroom course contains all the training and materials you need to attain both the Foundation & Practitioner qualifications in just five days.
The PRINCE2 Foundation introduces you to the PRINCE2 method whilst the Practitioner teaches you to apply and tailor PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project. This course conforms to the 2017 syllabus.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner classroom course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 themes in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 processes in context
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately six to eight hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.
PRINCE2 Foundation follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2 Practitioner follows the 2017 syllabus and provides delegates with the following:
- ILX Group’s unique ‘Preparing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination’ workbook, providing sample practitioner examination papers and marking guidelines
- A review of the entire method, consolidating understanding and addressing any areas of concern
- Individual scenario based exercises, designed to focus candidates on the application of the PRINCE2 method
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
The format of the Foundation exam is as follows:
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
The format of the Practitioner exam is as follows:
- 150 minute exam duration
- 68 questions
- 38/68 required to pass = 55% pass mark
- Open book (official PRINCE2 manual only)
You must pass the Foundation exam prior to undertaking the Practitioner examination.
This is an intensive five day classroom course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- The cost of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations (The exams are taken within the duration of the course)
- PRINCE2 process map
Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
Please Note: You must have successfully passed the PRINCE2 Foundation examination on the third day prior to undertaking the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination on the last day.
Never thought PRINCE2 could be taught with so much fun, excellent!
Excellent, engaging and knowledgable presenter. Loved the relevant personal project management examples provided.
Very impressed. Dennis [the trainer] covered all of the subject matter to a very high standard. Will be recommending this course to others.
It was refreshing to have a trainer so enthusiastic about his subject and so willing to pass on his knowledge. Excellent!
Fabulous trainer, made a very dry subject interesting and dare I say it, fun! Very knowledgeable
Great trainer, fantastic knowledge, cheerful, helpful and patient with our constant questions.
The trainer was very engaging, and was able to provide clear examples of principles, bringing the subject to life!
About The Qualification
The purpose of the Foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment that supports the PRINCE2 methodology.
The purpose of the Practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in scenario situations. The candidate must have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam prior to taking the Practitioner examination.Read More