PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation Classroom
Our PRINCE2 Foundation classroom courses allow you to learn how to effectively manage a project, through one of the world’s most recognised project management methodologies, in an environment where you can actively participate and engage with both the material and others around you.
- About This Course
- What's included?
- Success Stories
- Course Videos
PRINCE2 is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. Our accredited PRINCE2 Foundation classroom course introduces you to PRINCE2, and helps prepare you for the Foundation examination which assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method. This course conforms to the PRINCE2 2017 syllabus.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Foundation classroom course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately six to eight hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.
This course follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
The format of the exam is as follows:
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
This is an intensive three day course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- The cost of the PRINCE2 Foundation examination (The exam is taken on the last day of the course)
- PRINCE2 process map
Refreshments will also be provided throughout the duration of your training.
Many thanks for an excellent and very enjoyable course. I found the handling of the discussions spot on and the fact that we were able to complete the syllabus proved this. I will certainly recommend to anybody who wishes to take PRINCE2 courses in the future.
Life changing….I will be applying a huge amount from this course.
Pitched at the right level and to an excellent standard. A relaxed, informal environment that aided my learning! Well done Bill [the trainer].
[The trainer] Dennis’ obvious mastery of the subject matter coupled with a simple, but very effective way of training, made this course very enjoyable and worthwhile.
Follow-on Courses - PRINCE2® Foundation
Following the successful completion of your PRINCE2 Foundation training and attainment of your PRINCE2 Foundation certificate, you may want to consider further enhancing your project management skills and career prospects.Read More