PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation & Practitioner Virtual
Go from project management novice to PRINCE2 Practitioner in no time, with ILX’s Foundation & Practitioner virtual courses! Experience the benefits of world-class teaching that enables you to interact with both the trainer and the others in the class, all without having to leave your house!
- About This Course
- What's included?
- Course Videos
ILX Group’s accredited PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner virtual course contains all the required training and materials to fully prepare you for the Foundation & Practitioner examinations, in just five days. PRINCE2 Foundation introduces you to the PRINCE2 method whilst the Practitioner teaches you to apply and tailor PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project. This course conforms to the 2017 syllabus.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner classroom course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 themes in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 processes in context
What is VILT?
Virtual instructor-led training (VILT) incorporates both the personal teaching experience of a classroom, with the ease and flexibility of a virtual environment. Our VILT courses are interactive and engaging, allowing participants to communicate with both the instructor and each other in a collaborative manner.
This is an intensive five-day course that prepares you for the PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner examinations. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website.
This is an intensive course that requires you to complete mandatory online pre-course study, which is expected to take approximately six to eight hours to complete. Full instructions with a link to the online pre-course will be issued within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
Review the technical requirements for the online pre-course learning here.
You will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
PRINCE2 Foundation follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
- What is a project?
- Structure of PRINCE2
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Business case
- Initiating a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2 Practitioner follows the 2017 syllabus and provides delegates with the following:
- ILX Group’s unique ‘Preparing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination’ workbook, providing sample practitioner examination papers and marking guidelines
- A review of the entire method, consolidating understanding and addressing any areas of concern
- Individual scenario based exercises, designed to focus candidates on the application of the PRINCE2 method
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
The format of the Foundation exam is as follows:
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
The format of the Practitioner exam is as follows:
- 150 minute exam duration
- 68 questions
- 38/68 required to pass = 55% pass mark
- Open book (official PRINCE2 manual only)
You must pass the Foundation exam prior to undertaking the Practitioner examination.
This is an intensive five day virtual course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- Online pre-course
- The official PRINCE2 manual
- The cost of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations* (must be taken online via remote proctor within 12 months of purchase)
- PRINCE2 process map
Exams are taken online via remote web proctor. Two weeks prior to course commencement ILX will arrange for an exam voucher to be issued. You then have a choice you can either:
Book a suitable time after your virtual classroom event has finished to undertake your exam(s)
We currently allocate exam time within the virtual classroom event. So that you can book directly, we will advise you of recommended exam timings as part of the candidate guidance — this is issued three weeks prior to course commencement
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam(s). You must pass Foundation prior to taking the Practitioner examination.
About The Qualification
The purpose of the Foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment that supports the PRINCE2 methodology.
The purpose of the Practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in scenario situations. The candidate must have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam prior to taking the Practitioner examination.Read More